Care for your carving:
- I apply two coats of outdoor grade urethane. This protects it from the elements such as rain and sun.
- It is a good idea to add another coat of an outdoor grade urethane each summer or as you see fading or peeling for protection for continued protection.
- Although my carvings are treated for outdoor use they will last longer if you do the following:
- Keep it out of direct sunlight
- Keep it under cover so it does not get rained on
- Place it on a two small pieces of wood to keep the bottom of the carving off the ground as to allow air movement below the carving
- NOTE: Wood dries over time and has the possibility to crack. That is normal and adds to the character 😊
With proper care your carving can give you years of enjoyment.